Friday, June 18, 2010

But isn't the Catholic Church the One True Church?

The Truth that the Father has tried to communicate through the prophets and poets down the ages was not found inside the temple, is not found inside the church, any church.

Sacred scriptures are windows onto the Truth, but Moses had it right when he said that the truth is written on the heart. You don't need a temple or a priest to tell you what is written on your heart. You need to become open to the Father's word. I wasn't the first one to talk about the law of God being written on the heart, you can read the same idea in the Jewish scriptures ... Deuteronomy, Proverbs. So much of what I taught and preached was simply what I had learned from studying our Jewish scriptures and opening my own heart to the Father. That was, after all what I was trying to do ... open people to really hearing God's word. I didn't think it would all end up in a new religion.

We definitely need to have that conversation. Did you intend to establish a church? Was the Last Supper when you ordained the 12 Apostles? Was the Last Supper the first Mass?

First we need to clarify what an anacronysm is. Then there is the issue of what the writers of the gospels were trying to accomplish at the time they wrote about me.

No comments: